Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ask Spectergirl!



I have once again found a young person in desperate need of my help. Hopefully my mind-blowing wisdom will help others as well.




(originally answered incorrectly in Charlton's Teen-Age Love #96)

Dear Debbie Hsieh,

I have seen your countries cartoons. All of your men are perverts with a school girl fixation. Listen to your mother. Put your Hello Kitty backpack away and stay home.

It is also probably best to hide your cram-school uniform in a closet until you are at least 19.

P.S. Send Pocky.

3 comments:

  1. SpecterGirl: Your advice, as always, is flawless. Have you ever seen the "comics" grown men read on the subways in Japan? I can only echo your pitch-perfect advice to our very young Ms. Hsieh: Never, ever wear that little schoolgirl uniform except at school until 18 years of age. After your 18th birthday, you may wear it often. Please. -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mykal: Back in College the OSU campus had a little rundown shop called The Monkey's Retreat. At the time it was a good place to pickup hard to find comics. The only thing scarier than the weird leering men who ran the counter were those very comics.

    I probably should have suggested Debbie Hsieh never leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Monkey's Retreat! I remember we went there once. I picked up a back issue of Marvel's Indiana Jones. I still remember the section just off to the right of the back issues though. The title "One-Fisted Tales" will be burned into my memory forever!

    ReplyDelete